SOLVED

Vlookup to reference weekly sales

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am using a drop down list to select dates for viewing my weekly sales.

I am then using a VLOOKUP to find me the results, in the table next to it I was it to reference a week before to show a comparison of this week vs last.

can I do a VLOOKUP or something, that if this cell is referenced then reference the cell above?

thanks 

M

6 Replies
You need FILTER() function.

@Harun24HR can you filter by a cell before? I tried filter but it just shows me the results. 

basiclly I want to select a week from my list, and then it populates the sales for that week, but when those cells populate I want it to select the week before in the column next to it for a comparison, 

so like this 

list of dates  

sales data here populated by list | sales data here populated by the week before the selected week in the list

Can you show some sample data and desired result?

Sorry should have started with this.

Attached are screen grabs from my excel, 

I have drawn the flow of how I want it to go. 

Select date > Fills cells > when cells fill it fills the other cells but 1 date before

@Harun24HR 

best response confirmed by Mikeyh146 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mikeyh146 

VLOOKUP is a bit more direct but if you need to pull previous date's revenue, you can use INDEX-MATCH for both:

Current:

=INDEX(Sheet2!$D$1:$D$21,MATCH($B$5,Sheet2!$C$1:$C$21,0))

Previous:

=INDEX(Sheet2!$D$1:$D$21,MATCH($B$5,Sheet2!$C$1:$C$21,0)-1)
thank you this worked perfectly, I don't know why I didn't think of index match, thank you
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mikeyh146 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mikeyh146 

VLOOKUP is a bit more direct but if you need to pull previous date's revenue, you can use INDEX-MATCH for both:

Current:

=INDEX(Sheet2!$D$1:$D$21,MATCH($B$5,Sheet2!$C$1:$C$21,0))

Previous:

=INDEX(Sheet2!$D$1:$D$21,MATCH($B$5,Sheet2!$C$1:$C$21,0)-1)

View solution in original post