VLookup help

Copper Contributor
Who is up for a challenge?

I have created a spreadsheet that has worked perfectly up to this point.

Today I was asked to add our Disney collection to this spreadsheet and now it will not auto populate into the “description” cell in the U column as everything else does.

I thought I had the correct formula, but it just isn’t working.

I have attached the spreadsheet that I am currently using to this message. Please take a look at this and see what you can do to help if you are up for a challenge. (Could be an easy fix...just not sure)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ryan
6 Replies
I tried R2 with 1 and the description is showing "diamond" alright..

in cell AN21 I think the formula should be (paste down):
=VLOOKUP($AM21,$AH$21:$AK$35,2,FALSE)
and in cell AP21:
=VLOOKUP($AM21,$AH$21:$AK$35,4,FALSE)

HTH
Thanks for your feedback and quick response. I may not have been clear in what I am trying to accomplish...

In the R column, if you type a number (1-12) in for one of those cells it will automatically populate a description in the U column. (I.e type 1 in the R column and the U column will reflect “Diamond”, 2 in the R column will reflect “Mountings” in the U column...etc.)

I am trying to get it to auto populate “Disney Collection” in the U column when typing a 13 in column R.

How do I make this happen?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 19, 2018, at 7:02 PM, Microsoft Tech Community <notify@mstechcommunity.microsoft.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan Lange,

Lorenzo Kim (Valued Contributor) posted a new reply in Excel on 10-19-2018 04:02 PM :

Re: VLookup help

I tried R2 with 1 and the description is showing "diamond" alright..

in cell AN21 I think the formula should be (paste down):
=VLOOKUP($AM21,$AH$21:$AK$35,2,FALSE)
and in cell AP21:
=VLOOKUP($AM21,$AH$21:$AK$35,4,FALSE)

HTH

Microsoft Tech Community sent this message to ryanmlange@outlook.com.
You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic.

To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe.

Try to unhide the column A. I think you forgot to index the number 13 in cell A16. 

I downloaded your sample and tried - I think it is working for column U as per image below:

HolidayTracker.jpg

sorry, I think I got what you mean -- number 13 isn't showing.... be right back

Mr. Chan is right all along...

in Cell A16 type 13
that's it..