Vlookup function for looking for web links

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi all

Does anyone know how do run a vlookup in Excel with the objective of finding a particular web link within an Excel sheet? (instead of looking for a product name, looking for the product's web link which is within the Excel sheet).

When I run it, it returns an error.

Thanks

7 Replies

Hi @Deleted,

Can you share an example of your spreadsheet?

I'm assuming you are already aware of how vlookup works:

=VLOOKUP(What you want to look up, where you want to look for it, the column number in the range containing the value to return, return an Approximate or Exact match – indicated as 1/TRUE, or 0/FALSE).

So if your table is between column A and B (where column A is your product list and column B is you weblink list) and the lookup value is in cell C2, the formula would look like this.

=VLOOKUP(C2,A:B,2,0)

@Deleted 

Let me know if that's what you were looking for...

Hi Bennadeau, thanks for the reply. What I am after is look for B2 (not A2) in the vlookup. Want to look for that web link in the adjoining sheet and list down the list price.

Thanks

@Deleted 

Try this then.

Hi Bennadeau

Thanks a lot for that. It works now.

Appreciate it.

Chami

@Deleted 

Look up values in a list of data

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/look-up-values-in-a-list-of-data-c249efc5-5847-4329-bfee-ecffead5ef88?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

LOOKUP function

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/lookup-function-446d94af-663b-451d-8251-369d5e3864cb?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb

Example:

What do I have to do so that I can click on the hyperlink in the formula cell and get to the appropriate place?

Formula:

=HYPERLINK("#"&SUBSTITUTE(VLOOKUP($A$4,'linktabelle!'!$B$1:$H$38,4,FALSE),"'",""),"Link to Site")

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.