Using Results from Inquire Compare Files to make updates

Copper Contributor

I am using Inquire add-in and Compare files to identify cell value changes from one month to the next. (Nov 2019.xlsx and Dec 2019.xlsx). I will then update a third spreadsheet (Mydata.xlsx) with the newest data (found in Dec 2019).  

The results show Nov 2019 (top left) and Dec 2019 (top right) and Results (lower right).

Note: I am only looking at "Entered Values and Calculated Values" (results filter lower left)

Results Table has sheet, Cell, Value 1, Value 2 and Change Description

Results tell me Cell D2755 Entered Value changed - and I can see the information went from Blank in Nov 2019 to having a value in Dec 2019.   The top two quadrants seem to be showing the correct Nov & Dec rows - but I notice there are more cells than D2755 that changed. They are not in the Results table - but they are highlighted in the Dec 2019 - where the data was entered.  Is this expected behavior?

As far as using the information to make my changes to Mydata.xlsx - what is the best approach?

(I can certainly write formulas to compare/update - but I feel like I must be not understanding some of the Compare Files functionality.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sheryl

@Sergei Baklan - looks like you have posted on using Inquire

1 Reply
Perhaps it does highlight cells which have been marked with a change but you have unchecked that type of change in the options?