Using Excel lookup based on multiple criteria

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to create a lookup based on multiple criteria. For instance on one worksheet its the master log of vehicles in our fleet. I want to pull up the highest mileage (column I) for vehicles listed in column A, but pulling this information from another worksheet. 

Below is summary of what I am looking for:

1. in "Master Vehicle List" column I - I want the highest mileage listed in the "maintenance log" column B, that matches the vehicle listed in "Master Vehicle List" column A

2. in "Master Vehicle List" column J - I want the most recent date listed in the "maintenance log" column D, that matches the vehicle listed in "Master Vehicle List" column A

3. in "master vehicle list" column M - I want the most recent date listed in the "maintenance log" column D, but only when column E matches the header in "master vehicle list" column M, AND that matches the vehicle listed in "Master Vehicle List" column A

Any help would be great, I can get the forumlas to pull based on one criteria but I am struggling to get the formula to work based on matching the vehicle name, and most recent date and the repair type. 

Master.pngLog.png

0 Replies