Using Excel for Bullseye Precision Pistol scores

Copper Contributor

Hello all - 

It has been many years since I used Excel. I am currently using it to track scoring stats for our local bullseye club. I was sent all the spreadsheets from a coworker who put the formulas together. I don't know if the problem I'm having is his older copy of Excel, or if it is because of a cell specific formula, instead of a range or sum.

For the most part, they work.

However, when I copy the information to a new workbook to delete columns in preparation to add the finished information to my weekly stats folder, once I have deleted the columns, I get a #REF! error. I have tried the simple way of finding all #REF! errors and replacing them with nothing, but that does not work. I am trying to re-write the formula, but am not sure how to do it.

This first copy is the formula for one range I need. The cell in yellow is where the total goes - 

seanarinald_0-1626214825057.png

The second copy is the same idea, with the cell highlighted in green being where the total should go - 

seanarinald_1-1626214990134.png

I am trying to rewrite the formulas for these two totals, because I think how they are written may be causing the #REF! error when I try to delete rows B-J, because they are not needed for my records.

In a nutshell, 

I am attempting to rewrite the formulas for the two cells shown because I think they are causing my error. Am I on the right track, or is there another explanation I need to pursue? 

Again, I am new with this, so I really appreciate any sincere help.

Thanks.

2 Replies

@seanarinald 

Delete only the contents of the cells in Columns B to J. Do not delete Columns B to J. Deleting columns, instead of cell contents, results in #REF! error because the cells that are REFerred to in your sum formulas in Columns L and N become deleted also.

@Twifoo-
Thank you for your time.
I will give that solution a try!