Using Edit Ranges in a Table

Copper Contributor

I have a table that is going to be storing the entries made by users on a separate tab in the same workbook. The user will enter their data and then click a button which runs a macro to insert a row at the top of the table and copy their entries into the table. I tried using "Allow Edit Ranges" so that they would only have access to Row 2 in the table and it worked, however every time a row is inserted the Allow Edit Range expands. 

Is there a way to set it so that only Row 2 is editable without a password? Specific users will be provided a password to allow editing of the entire tab. Ultimately, I believe this will also end up being a Shared workbook as there could be a time when more than one user at a time needs to make entries.

Thank you,

Donelle

1 Reply

Hi @JazzHands 

Would an option be to have the macro unprotect, then the data gets added and the macro re-protects?

Do you have a particular reason you want Row 2 to be editable?

Also when considering shared workbooks note that you can't use the traditional shared workbook functionality when Tables are present.   However if you're using OneDrive Co-Authoring then you can but I'm not convinced that changes made via macro will work in that scenario