Using a SpinButton with decimal increments

Copper Contributor

Hello all. I am a very new and unexperienced user when it comes to Excel (or most programs, for that matter). My concern is this:

I have read about using a "Helper Cell" in order display a SpinButton's value as a decimal and percentage. I'd like to create a SpinButton from 0.00 to 100.00 and display the value as a percentage. The problem that I encounter is manually inputting data within the cell.

Say, for instance, I would like to type 50 in the cell (which is displayed as a percentage) and then use the SpinButton to achieve a particular value (i.e., 52.39%).

I am completely lost and would sincerely appreciate any help you might have to offer.

Thank you.

1 Reply

@Jason_Shuman Spinners don't allow increments lower than 1, so you can't say it has to go from 0 to 1 with increments of 0.01. Perhaps a work around like in the attached file is what you can live with. The spinner goes from 0 to 10000 with increments of 1.

The helper cell (C1) is in fact the spinner's "linked cell". Then in cell D1 there is a formula [ =C1/10000 ] to display a create number that you can format as a percentage between 0.00% and 100.00%.

If you want to start the spinner at 50%, just enter 50 X 100 (this, 5000) in the linked cell. I've added a check via data validation that accepts only values between 0 and 10000.