Urgent Help needed! Graphs!

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm new to excel and don't really know what I'm doing. I'm working at an office where I have to turn written feedback (scales, short answers) into graphs (only the scales into histograms). I need to find a way in which I can simply paste the data into Excel and it then automatically creates that graph for me because it is quite a lot of data. Is there a formula for that? Or do I have to do every single one by hand?

Thanks!

1 Reply

@ElenaSarah 

You've had this question up for nearly two weeks and received no replies. I think the difficulty may be that you give us so little to work with, on top of describing yourself as a novice in Excel.

So a bunch of questions for you.

1. Have you a histogram producing spreadsheet now?
  2. Does it work with a representative data set?
  3. Does it work satisfactorily?
  4. Do you need to keep a record of all the datasets that you've graphed (for possible future reproduction, for possible comparisons, etc?)  OR is a graph once produced "past history" such that you could just write over the data that produced it?
  5. How does the "raw data" come to you? On paper? In electronic form? If the latter, is it always consistent? Is it in Excel already?

Let's start with those. Depending on your answers, it could be fairly easy to resolve this.

By the way, if you have a working spreadsheet, attaching a copy of it to your reply post would be very helpful to any of us here desiring to help. Just make sure no private or confidential information is included.