Urgent Formula help!!

Copper Contributor
I need Excel to calculate G3/P3. Both cells already contain a formula and are in the custom format h:mm:ss and need to stay in that format. When I try to calculate the simple division above, Excel provides a ridiculous number not even close to what I'm after.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
7 Replies

@Mookie88 

Format the cell with the formula =G3/P3 as General, Number or Percentage.

Hi Hans, I have tried every single format and not one of them work. I believe the issue is the fact that it will not take the actual value of P3 and G3.

@Mookie88 

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem, without sensitive data?

Hi Hans, here it is. I've also noticed that when I copy and paste the tables into the other tabs, the date changes to 2025. I have updated it to 2021 on the attached ss.

@Mookie88 

The formulas for duration were incorrect. I have corrected them in the attached version.

Thanks Hans, I have since fixed it. I needed the duration to remain in the format h:mm:ss so I had to adjust the formula in column S so that it multiplied to get it to seconds. Was my only option to keep all the formatting the same. I do appreciate you taking the time to look into this.
Cheers,
Brooke

@Mookie88 

If you want the duration as time, the formulas are even simpler.