Updating Excel cell from SharePoint Column

Copper Contributor

I have a document library with text column Permit_No (for permit number). When a new permit file is uploaded (Excel file based on template), Microsoft Flow generates a unique Permit Number and updates the SharePoint column Permit_No.

Requirement: The value in Pertmit_No should be linked / synced to a cell in the Excel file. This cell is the place for the Permit Number in the template / form. 

I know you can link cells from Excel to SharePoint columns using advance properties. When a SharePoint column name is linked to Defined name (for a cell) in Excel advance properties tab, on uploading the file, the value from Excel automatically flows to the SharePoint column value. In my case I have a defined name E_PermitNo for the particular cell (formatted as text) which is linked to Permit_No. If I enter a value in Excel in the E_PermitNo cell, it updates the Permit_No column in SharePoint when uploaded. However, reverse does not work. 

I want to avoid Macros as it is not supported on iOS / Android and the file will not open for the reviewers and approvers of the permit.

Appreciate any ideas on how to resolve this.

1 Reply
Hey Yatin, I am looking to do something similar, have you found a solution?