Updating a List of Cells Based on Locations With a List of New Values

Copper Contributor

I typically have to update a set of cells with a new value. I know the location of the cells I would like to update and also the new value. What could be an appropriate way to update a large set of cells with their new respective values quickly?  I've tried looking around and I would like to have the masterworkbook formula free. In short update a sheet based on a list of Cell locations with a new value which is located within another sheet.

Ex

I would like to update cell K76001 from its current value of $5.00 to $10,000.97 based on a large list with the location K~~~~, and new value $ then cell K4200 $10,000.00 to $10,005.06  ETC.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 Replies

@ErikMrll  Is there a reason for the change in the value? For example, is it due to a new report being generated or there is an update? Also, how often do you make the changes? Is the value you are changing getting its data from the sheet in the same workbook?

Maybe you can show us some examples, so we can follow better. 

@wumolad 

Thanks for taking the time to look into my question.

The reason the cell needs to be updated is the workbook itself is a master record. However as new data if found the value within the maser record needs to be up to date. The master record does not have any formulas, it does not pull data from any other sheet.

The cell is that is being updated is a running total of money that is being determined within another sheet. The secondary sheet is not within the same workbook, it looks at the master record and adds the update with the value that is within the master record currently. The value added is determined in various sheets.

Update frequency is daily. The Cell being updated is not known until the next day.

I guess my question is there a way to update a list of cells within excel in this fashion or would there be some alternative method to update this large list other than manually updating the master record which has no formulas.

Master Record

(Total would be Column K)

MasterRecordDateMasterRecordIDTotal
4/22/2020123456100

Secondary Sheet

Location Value to be added to master record 
K62136 $                                                   351.13
K74867 $                                                      40.00
K73696 $                                                      40.00

@ErikMrll is it possible to link your master sheet to those secondary sheets so that the updated information are automatically fed into the master sheet?

@wumolad 

unfortunately that wouldn't be possible to share