Update Daily Exchange Rate to a spreadsheet everyday to a new date

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet that updates the daily exchange rate to a given cell. I have a column of dates that I wish to have that given date equal that day's rate without changing the previous date's rates. I have tried IF AND formulas that return the correct info to that day's date but change all previous dates to "FALSE". Other VLOOKUP formulas return #NAME? or #VALUE!. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

7 Replies
Could you post a quick example file of what you are trying to do.
It's not too clear from the description sorry

THank you for your interest in helping @Wyn Hopkins. I have attached the file. It is macro enabled MSO2016. I use this worksheet in other work books to update the current exchange rates for the date of a given transaction as the rates do change daily. The Exchange rate at the top will update automatically or when refresh external reference is selected. I have been updating the right column manual. I know this can be done automatically without changing/clearing the previous date's rates. Hope this helps to explain what I am trying to achieve.

@Dallen8028 

If you are trying to keep a history of the rates on particular dates then you will need to use a macro to run a copy paste values routine.

I've fixed up a couple of the formula but I don't think you can do what you want to do using formula

Thank you for fixing the other formulas. Do you know VBA enough to generate a Macro?

Hi @Dallen8028 

It's not really the sort of thing that I could help with quickly here sorry.

no worries, Thanks. Sorry for the late response.