Unwanted calculations

Copper Contributor

I am importing data from a program called Microscribe Utility Software. A set of x,y,z coordinates are recorded by the software and should populate cells in Excel. However whenever there is a coordinate in the negative plane (a value with a "-" in front) Excel wants to perform a calculation and stops recording data. In the formula tab, under "Calculate options", I have changed it to manual but it makes no difference. Any suggest

1 Reply
Hi @Claudia_Meganck ,

I know your problem, the only way i know to "solve" this problem is when you just "enter" into the next cell. The joke is now you can just use one column. If you just use it for recording, you can maybe create an extra worksheet for recording the coordinates and use late vlookup to import into a better worksheet.

However, check first if you can enter your coordinates with a "-" and press "enter" to get to the next cell.

Best regards,
Schnittlauch

"First, No system is safe. Second, Aim for the impossible. Third no Backup, no Mercy" - Schnittlauch

My answer helped you? Don't forget to leave a like. Also mark the answer as solved when your problem is solved. :)