Unprotect sheets in a workbook

Copper Contributor

Hi all 

I am in need of help, I have a workbook that was protected by another member of staff who has subsequently left. No one knows the password they used and I cant edit elements of the sheets. 

I have tried the password breaker code as per the web but it just freezes the excel document. I have tried to duplicate and create a new sheet but my excel skills are not great and I cant seem to get the formulas right for the information to transfer any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Kath 

6 Replies

@Kath790 

Select all cells in the sheet that is protected. Copy and Paste them into a new sheet.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thank you for your help, I have tried this but the edits are not transferring to the sheets in the data transfer and drop downs. So back to square one with the locked sheets do you know of any other work arounds? 

Kath 

@Kath790 

No sorry. Hacking is not my speciality :(

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Not a problem thanks for your help 

Hi @Kath790 

While I'm sure your intentions are honourable,  we don't know you personally so we'd be wrong to break into this or show you how

Sorry, I realise that is unhelpful

Wyn

@Wyn Hopkins 

Hi Wyn 

In relation to "breaking in", I have all the information on the sheet and can add to it I can just not amend the address on the invoice sheet (to our new company location)  as that cell has been locked. My intentions are work and processing related if you are unable or unwilling to help that is fine and your prerogative however I have not asked if anyone has any other solutions as unlike with other password protected things their is no option to try and recover the password though other means of security.  I am looking to see if their is a work around. 

Thanks