SOLVED

Unique and Sort formulas not showing up on Mac

Copper Contributor

I know excel has the formulas Unique and Sort because there are how-to articles for them online but I've also seen them working on a windows computer. For some reason, they never show up for me though. The only difference is that I have a mac. Does mac just not have those formulas? How can I get Unique and Sort onto my excel? I have the most up to date version of excel too. 

I'd love some help. 

8 Replies

@tyler4321 

Based on documentation https://support.office.com/en-us/article/unique-function-c5ab87fd-30a3-4ce9-9d1a-40204fb85e1e it shall be available for Mac if you are Office365 subscriber and at least on monthly channel. 

@Sergei Baklan That what I thought too but it never works for me. I have office 360 too. Is there something I can do to check? Or do I need to turn something on? 

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 10.51.19 AM.png

@Sergei Baklan I always get this Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.01.36 AM.png

Excel doesn't even recognize that Unique or Sort is a formula for me.

@tyler4321 

Only Office365 subscription is not enough, you are to be on right channel. If that's semi-annual or like such functions are not available on it so far.

I'm not sure how to check that on Mac.

best response confirmed by tyler4321 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tyler4321 In Excel on the Mac, press Help in the top menu and "Check for Updates". In the next dialogue, press Advanced...

Here you can check and change your Update channel.

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 06.35.25.png

@tyler4321@Riny_van_Eekelen 

For what it's worth, I just looked at my own update channel (on my MacBook Air) and it's "Production" -- yet I do have UNIQUE, SORT, and the rest of the Array Functions.

mathetes_0-1587814736622.png

This worked! I was on production and I switched to insider fast and now I have them! Thank you! I don't know why that worked for me but it did. Thank you so much.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tyler4321 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tyler4321 In Excel on the Mac, press Help in the top menu and "Check for Updates". In the next dialogue, press Advanced...

Here you can check and change your Update channel.

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 06.35.25.png

View solution in original post