Unifying different tables in only one table to explote that info

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

I have 6 sheets with the same header, and i want to match in a dynamic table to unify and be able to exploit the information

Specifically the sheets contain members of different teams, I use different sheets because there may be people who one month are in one team and another month in another one.

I would like to unify all this information in one table, avoiding duplicates and helping me to exploit information.

I hope you can give me some light :)

Best

4 Replies

@kuswok 

From your description I'm not sure exactly what currently differentiates the six sheets from one another. I'll guess that it's month, that you've created a sheet for each of the last six months.

So the solution--is to make "Month" a column of its own in the unified table. I don't know what all your headings are, but at the very least you should have

Month --- Team --Last Name ----First Name -- [position/role] --- [other identifying info....]

You avoid  duplicates by this approach, and enable Excel to do what it does well--i.e., exactly what you are wanting to do: parse/analyze/"exploit" the data. Whether via PivotTables or other tools.

@kuswok 

If you have access to VSTACK, you might use something like:

=UNIQUE(VSTACK(Sheet1:Sheet6!A1:J25))

@mathetes thanks for your reply.

Each sheet contains the same columns, something like;

[Name, Team, Role, Country, Knowledge, Experience, Jan, Feb, March, Apr.....]

And i want to explote & report, things like:

- People working by country

- People who worked in March in a specific team

- Countries with best experience

- If i want to share big numers (people working today by team) i'll apply something to search people active on October...

I'm not sure my current order is the best (sheets by teams) but i need to check the diferent teams by month...

Thanks in advance

Thanks Patrick, i'll try it