Unable to stop values field from calculating in pivot tables

Copper Contributor
Hello.
I’ve created a pivot table where all the other fields are set up correctly. However I am unable to just include data in the “values” without it performing a calculation. Tried multiple times to select “no calculation” but doesn’t seem to work.

Device is MacBook Pro. Excel 2016
6 Replies

@3DGB1 

A pivot table always summarizes the values of the field(s) in the Values area using one of the functions in the list (Sum, Count, Min, ...).

Thanks, but now I'm curious what's the best way to just display the values. e.g. number of occurrences without counting? For example, display the number of repetitions performed with a certain load. If 30lbs, for 10 repetitions performed 4 times. What is the best way to report this?
The pivot table value fields counts but that's not what is needed.

@3DGB1 

It would help if you could attach a sample workbook that gives us an idea what the data look like and what the desired result would be.

@3DGB1 Hello! Did you ever get this solved? I'm dealing with a similar problem where I just want the raw values and am using the pivot table to simply restructure the data (not perform a calculation). 

@lfkane33 nope didn't find a solution and used R instead. If you're familiar with R, you can use GGPlots to segment/visualize the raw data, without calculations.   

i did it after many of tries , format the original column as text not number and in pivot table put the column in value section with sum formula , good luck