Unable to open Get & Transform

Copper Contributor

Potentially significant: I recently replaced Office 2016 Enterprise with Office 365 and this is the first I have tried to use queries since then.

I am unable to open query editor in a document that has existing queries, and I am unable to create connections in a document using Get & Transform. I wish I was getting an error message, but absolutely nothing happens. I go to click on something, and it highlights as normal. Then I click and nothing happens. It doesn't even try to open. I tried repair followed by a full uninstall/reinstall of Office and another repair... reboots in between all of that.

Though it happened on new documents as well, I had a coworker try the document I need to edit and it was fine on his computer.

If I try a new document with a new connection to any of the data sources, example Odata, I don't get the next window where I should have the prompt to enter a path. It does not look like it even tries to open the window, no pinwheel or anything. I can tell it clicks because of the color change, but nothing happens after the click. I tried reinstalling the latest .net framework. No fix. I'm out of ideas.

Power Pivot and other add-ins appear to be working fine. I can create a new connection in Power Pivot. Power Query works fine in Power BI.

What else might be involved that would affect the ability to launch that control? 

1 Reply
Hello,

I think there is something that's more than meet the eyes for Get & Transform not to open on your system. Just a little advice, kindly disable some add-ins and retry again..

Regards