Unable to make macro enabled workbook a Trusted Document because of Microsoft Excel Security Notice

Copper Contributor

I've been making Macros for excel for a few years.  I recently make 2 workbooks with macros for a couple of departments at work.  I made a 3rd macro workbook that opens the other 2 as read-only to pull data from them then close them.  Each time they are opened, the Microsoft Excel Security Notice window is displayed, preventing you from doing anything until enabling content.  Sometimes when opening a macro workbook, this window appears and sometimes the banner appears.  I'm aware that the banner makes the workbook a Trusted Document and that you can make it a Trusted Document if you go to File, Security Warning dropdown and Enable All Content, however you can't do either of those when the Security Notice window is displayed regardless of weather you choose to Disable/Enable/close the window.  I'm not trying to automatically enable all macros or anything like that.  I just want to know how to make a workbook a Trusted Document.  I've looked in all the settings multiple times and searched through various forums on the internet and found nothing helpful.

Isaac_Richards_0-1650890330306.png

4 Replies

@Isaac_Richards 

Try the following (each user will have to do this):

• Select File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... > Trusted Locations.
  • Tick the check box 'Allow trusted locations on my network (not recommended)'.
  • Click 'Add new location...'
  • Add the folder containing the macro workbook as a trusted location.
  • OK your way out.
I appreciate the response, however this is not an option for me. I am not an admin for our network and there is next to zero chance the admins will be willing to change the network security setting just to make my project less of a bother to use. Do you know if there is a way to trust a specific document when the Security Notice shows up instead of a location?