Unable to find Lambda and Filter function

Copper Contributor

My excel is up to date, and I could not find the lambda & Filter function in the beta channel. Is there something else I have to do to fix this? I'm using MacBook Air.

19 Replies

@Shamalshaz Are you an MS365 subscriber?

@Riny_van_Eekelen Yes, I am. I had the old version, and for getting these functions, I have updated it to the latest 365 (16.47). Please have a look at the screenshot attached for your reference.

@Shamalshaz I'm far from an expert on this subject, but does it say you have an MS365 subscription under Excel, About Microsoft Excel

Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 19.03.36.png

@Riny_van_EekelenPlease have a look at the attached screenshot; I believe this will ensure the 365 subscriptions.

It seems you have a stand-alone license for Excel 2019. That's not the same as a MS365 subscription.

@Riny_van_EekelenPlease could you have a look at the screenshot attached; this says 365 subscriptions. If not, please correct me and what I can do to get the correct version?

@Shamalshaz You indeed seem to be paying for a monthly subscription, but did you also install the Office apps that came with it? You earlier version suggests that you are using a stand-alone version of Excel for Mac.

@Riny_van_EekelenI've downloaded these office files after the new subscription to get the new futures that are not available in the previous version.

@Shamalshaz Downloaded yes, but did you install them also? When I migrated from a stand-alone Excel for Mac version, the new Excel was installed on my Mac. Then I needed to sign in with my MS account and I was ready to go. 

@Riny_van_Eekelen Yes I have installed the package that is the only reason I have the outlook available at present as my previous student version doesn't include the Outlook.

@Shamalshaz Sorry, can't help you any further. Perhaps some else who knows exactly how all these different versions interact with each other (or not).

As said, I had an old Excel version running on my Mac (and all the other Office programs). Just installed what was then called Office 365 beside it. All the new software was included from the start.

@Riny_van_EekelenIs it possible if I'm sharing any desk if you could cross-check something that might help?

I really need this to be fixed for my next steps in excel, please.

@Shamalshaz It's not that I don't want to. I just wouldn't know what to do to help you.

@Riny_van_EekelenThank you for your time and effort to support me on this matter.

Please let me know if you know somebody who is an expert in this that I write to them.

Once again, thanks and I appreciated your support.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Please note that in other way i have Microsoft windows installed on my mac and i have installed the office 365 in the windows now.

I could see the filter function is appearing but Lamba is still not available.

Could you please share your thought?

@Shamalshaz 

Are you on Beta channel?

Yes I'm

@Sergei Baklan Yes I'm, Could you please help me out.

@Shamalshaz , sorry, I'm not working on Microsoft and can't help with concrete case. I'd recommend to Send a Frown as instructed at the end of this Try LAMBDA: Custom functions without code (office.com) post.