Trying to relate the data between two sheets of data

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Surely there must be a way to do what I am looking to accomplish. I have two sheets and I am looking to say if the data in column A on sheet 1 is equal to column A on sheet 2 then these fields are the same. I am looking to say IF Sheet 1, Column A is equal to Sheet 2, Column A then all of these cells in this row must also be true.

Some background. We ship and recognize revenue quarterly, we update the schedule on a monthly basis. A report is run from Salesforce (CRM) and then updated manually right now. I am looking for a faster way to update our quarterly information from month to month.Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 3.24.04 PM.png

3 Replies
Hi, so are you trying to confirm that cell A1 A2 A3 etc exists somewhere in column A of Sheet 2?

Or are you trying to check if A1 = sheet2!A1 and A2 = Sheet2!A2

Do you need to do a 2 way check? So that the lists match exactly?

If the columns do match exactly then what do you want to happen?

@Wyn Hopkins 

We have the same list of opportunities (data) on two separate sheets., call it column A. One sheet 1, there is data (within the same row) in another range of columns, we'll call it B, C, D, and E that is associated with the data in column A.

On sheet 2, there may be the same info in column A as there was on sheet . If that is true, I need the the data from the matching row for columns B, C, D, and E. If it is false it can return a NA or 0. 

Sounds like you need an INDEX MATCH (or VLOOKUP) formula?