Trying to make my Stock Spreadsheet work

Copper Contributor

I am new to this community and want some help in inputting info. to retrieve correct stock data. Specifically having trouble with some Canadian stocks. Most work fine. For example when I input TO.NTR I  get the correct CDN stock. However when I try a CDN REIT like Granite Real Estate Investment Trust (GRT-UN) I get nothing at all. Is there a guide somewhere. Understand Bloomberg is the source of this data. Help would be appreciated.

5 Replies

Hi Keith,

Not sure about concrete stocks, the source of the information is Moningstar, more about that is here https://support.office.com/en-us/article/about-our-data-sources-98a03e23-37f6-4776-beea-c5a6c8e787e6

@Sergei BaklanSame query.  I am trying to enter Enbridge Inc preferred shares class N (Canadian) into my spreadsheet using the stock data type.  On the Morningside site I can get a quote on it with the symbol ENB.PR.N but searching with the stock data type in Excel only returns the basic stock symbols for US or Canada.   Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Hi @OldDogNewTrick , you may type the ticker instead of the company name, in this case Excel recognises it

image.png

@Sergei Baklan  Thanks for the reply.  I did try using the symbol alone and that did not work.  Tried it again just now.

2019-03-25 Excel-data-type.jpg

@OldDogNewTrick , unfortunately have no idea why, in my case it works.