- last edited on
My favorite way to create perfect charts in one keystroke:
1. Create a chart with Alt+F1 and you get a clustered column chart.
2. Customize that chart to match your preferred chart style.
3. Right-click the chart and Save as Template. Give the template a name and save.
4. With the chart selected, choose Change Chart Type. Navigate to the Templates folder. Right-click your template and choose Set as Default Chart.
5. Click OK to close the dialog.
In the future, you can select your data, press Alt+F1, and all of the settings from step 2 will be applied. It is a big time saver. I've featured this trick on my YouTube channel several times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8uokJztHTY
Except: it was recently broken in Office 365 First Release channel. It still works in Excel 2013 and all past versions. Is this functionality being depracated on purpose? I understand you are moving to a new Ivy charting engine, but it is a great time-saver for people who routinely have to create the same type of charts.