trying to find away to get solution for one result depending on many drop down lists

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

i was trying for few days to get an answer of this issue but i couldn't, i hope someone help me with this.

the basic explain for the issue is that:

Example:

i have 10 employees and there is a table for their information like:( year of hire, Performance, Grade and job title) 

and those 10 employees are in common to each other by either the Year, Performance, Grade or Job title.

so i make drop down list for : (Year, Performance, Grade or Job title), to search and find the employee faster and easier by choosing from drop down lists,either one list or two or all of them, so if i choose year 2010 from the Year drop down list, the result is those Employees are common of Year 2010 either one employee or many, and if i choose Year and Grade, i get result to Employees of year and grade and etc....

i hope i explain it good and understandable.

2 Replies

@iBeoZD 

This formula will work if you have the most recent version of Excel; it makes use of the FILTER function to evaluate all the criteria and return the row or rows of any employees who meet all four.

=FILTER(A2:A11,(B2:B11=J3)*(C2:C11=K3)*(D2:D11=L3)*(E2:E11=M3),"None found")

See the attached.