Trying to find a way to lookup values from different workbook.

Copper Contributor

A little background about myself so nobody gets lost, I work in an educational institution in the placements team. 

I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

I am trying to create a dashboard.

I have 2 workbooks, in the first workbook I have written down all the courses we have (for eg- FD, FSID, IDS, etc) now each course comes under 4 schools we have (as FD comes under SOF, IDS comes under SOD). This workbook has the dashboard and all the data regarding every course of every school (like how many left, total students, debarred, etc).

In the second workbook, whenever we place a student in a company we fill out the details (like name, school, course, campus, etc).

Now I am facing a challenge where I am unable to pick up values from the second workbook, whenever I or anyone in my team places a student we fill out all the details in the second workbook it should automatically reflect in the first workbook under the school name (SOF, SOD, etc) and the course (FD, IDS, etc) that the student belongs to.

If there are 40 students in SOF in FD (first workbook) and I place a student from FD I write the details down in the second workbook, then the first workbook should now reflect 39 students in SOF in FD.

0 Replies