SOLVED

Truncation of 'Tracking #' in cell

Iron Contributor

I have a sheet that I started to help me to keep track of my online orders. Everything is working according to my wants/needs except for the ‘Tracking’ column. Whenever I enter a tracking number (such as:  9361289675091102837463) it changes it to ‘9.3612896750911E+21’. How do I get around this. Everything that I’ve tried so far hasn’t worked. Thank you, in advance.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by dlcartin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@dlcartin 

Number stored in cell  has limit and is, 15 digit floating-point numbers. If you want more than 15 digits you have to use Text rather than Numbers, but you may find some issue with further calculation, but if is only entering numbers, then format cells as TEXT.

@Rajesh_SinhaWorks perfectly!!!!! Thank you!!!!! No calculations are necessary for this column, it's just a data keeper. Again, thank you for your valuable time & knowledge.

Glad to help you,, please keep asking ☺
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dlcartin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@dlcartin 

Number stored in cell  has limit and is, 15 digit floating-point numbers. If you want more than 15 digits you have to use Text rather than Numbers, but you may find some issue with further calculation, but if is only entering numbers, then format cells as TEXT.

View solution in original post