SOLVED

Trouble with a formula in EXCEL

Copper Contributor

I am attempting to search a sheet with three particular columns of interest:  and I want to count up the number of instances that match … the last check is for a blank cell, and I can not see to get it to work.

what would be the correct way to get a valid answer ?

=COUNTIFS('CMDB Pull 5_28'!K:K,B2,'CMDB Pull 5_28'!D:D,"Symantec Endpoint Protection",'CMDB Pull 5_28'!F:F,"isblank")

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Cynthia Sullivan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

by typing "isblank" it is checking if the cell contents say that text. Try using "" instead.

BTW you do know that countifs treats those conditions with an AND logic and therefore all those conditions must be true and not OR.  I think that is what you want but wanted to mention it.

@mtarler 

Still gives me a 0 answer … and that is not correct

maybe attach the sheet.
to debug I would check each condition individually to make sure it is pointing to the correct range and values. Also, are cells in col F blank or have spaces?
Worked perfectly
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Cynthia Sullivan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

by typing "isblank" it is checking if the cell contents say that text. Try using "" instead.

BTW you do know that countifs treats those conditions with an AND logic and therefore all those conditions must be true and not OR.  I think that is what you want but wanted to mention it.

View solution in original post