SOLVED

Trouble refreshing SQL analysis services cube

Copper Contributor

I´m having trouble with a file with a pivot connected to an analysis service cube. Before I installed the cube on my computer I could read the file and all it´s contents just fine. But I got the cube installed in order to be able to refresh the file as well. However after installment all data is there when I open the file (as my colleagues have saved it) but then the data starts to refresh (automatically) and when it is finished all the data is gone, the cells are blank (although showing the formula if i mark one). 

I´ve tried to reinstall the cube, thinking I did something wrong when installing it but that only resulted in me having two cubes installed (could not find them to remove one either). I´m thinking that I have some faulty setting in Excel as the file reads fine for my colleagues who also installed the cube the same way as I. Does anyone have a suggestion or know what might be wrong?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Pernilla123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

This issue was resolved by my collegues at last. If anyone else have the same/similar problems in the future I suggest trying to adjusting the language. In this case the pivot was created by someone who had English set as standard language for their Office package while I had it set for Swedish. 

Also, I think this is bug for programmers at Microsoft to look into :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pernilla123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

This issue was resolved by my collegues at last. If anyone else have the same/similar problems in the future I suggest trying to adjusting the language. In this case the pivot was created by someone who had English set as standard language for their Office package while I had it set for Swedish. 

Also, I think this is bug for programmers at Microsoft to look into :)

View solution in original post