Treemap Issues

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to build treemap graphs for a presentation that will be in PowerPoint. I know that I am not using the chart function exactly as planned but am hoping someone can help. I have created the following treemap, but am having issues with double labels showing up on the graph. Here is the graph:

And here is my data spreadsheet for the graph:

Thank you for your help in fixing this issue!

Amanda

6 Replies

Hi Amanda,

Could you share this sample file to check?

I actually created this in PowerPoint chart feature so the excel file I captured in my original post is the data that was entered.

When your PowerPoint file with this sample

Attached is the PowerPoint file with the slide in question with the double label issues. Also attached is an Excel file with the data that was used to create the chart in PPT.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the files. It looks like the reason is what Treemap doesn't show data correctly if you have zero values in the middle of the list. The workaround could

- if you prepare data in Excel to sort the list in descending order moving zeroes to the bottom of the list;

- if directly in PowerPoint move all zeroes to the bottom manually. You may copy/paste all zero records to the bottom and in the middle repeat any non-zero record at that place. Repeating records affects nothing in Treemap. Like this

image.png

and in attached file.

Thank you! I think that might have solved my issue. I will continue to monitor the charts to see if this fixes things moving forward.