Transposing tabs/sheets within a Workbook in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to transpose tabs/sheet on an excel workbook since i have multiple tabs and would be easier if they were arranged vertically than horizontally.

It is sort of your EDGE browser tabs opened vertically than the default horizontal.

Can someone help advise if there is an options as such?

P.S: This is not transposing data in a sheet, rather transposing sheets/tabs vertically.

Regards

Malcom Scurville

6 Replies

@malcomscurville 

A solution could be Power Query. In the attached file you can enter data in the blue dynamic table. Then you can click in any cell of the green table and right-click with the mouse. Then select refresh to update the green result table.

The layout of the tables in the screenshot is for illustration. Both tables can be draged to other columns or the tables can be entered in different sheets.

transpose dynamic table.JPG

@OliverScheurich - Thanks much for the response. I am attaching a sample excel where it shows sheet1, sheet 2, sheet3. I am looking to have the sheets transposed horizontally than vertically. I mean I want to see it show up on the left than at the bottom of the workbook.example - sheets excel.png

@malcomscurville 

You are welcome. I've now understood what you want to do. Unfortunately i don't know if this is possible.

@malcomscurville 

That is not possible. If you wish, you can submit a request from within Excel: select File > Feedback > Send a Suggestion. But frankly, I don't think Microsoft will take it up.

Thank you @Hans Vogelaar. Appreciate the help on this.