SOLVED

Transpose function returns #VALUE

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I am in desperate need of help. I have searched the transpose problems but have not seen an issue like mine. 

I am trying to do a matrix, using MMULT and TRANSPOSE but it keeps returning #VALUE. 

The code I am running is:

=MMULT(ARRAY;TRANSPOSE(ARRAY))

I have correctly selected all the cells and pressed command + Enter but it still gives me #VALUE.

I have tried just using the Transpose function as a test and that also doesnt seem to be working

I have attached the excel sheet I am using. Cell references AF320:AN328 this is where i am trying to put the matrix.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

7 Replies

@Kayllen Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but when I opened your file there were several @-signs in the formula in AF320. Removed these and then cleared all the other cells below and to the right.

Then numbers appeared in the range AF320:AN328. Is that what you need?

Hi, @Riny_van_Eekelen 

I am not sure what @ signs you are referring to. I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing in the formula bar. 

best response confirmed by Kayllen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kayllen Attache your file after removing the @'s.Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 17.04.27.png

Hi @Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thank you.

Could there be a setting in my excel that could be causing this issue of the @ signs that I am not inputing nor can i view them in the formula?

@Kayllen Not sure. Not an expert one why and when the @-signs appear. What Excel version are you on? 

@Kayllen 

What is your desired output in AF320:AF328?

Hi, @Detlef Lewin 

The desired outcome is meant to be a 9x9 matrix. I have since then come right. 

Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kayllen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kayllen Attache your file after removing the @'s.Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 17.04.27.png

View solution in original post