Transpose a tabell by Row - to different

Copper Contributor

I´ve got a tabel with data. First column in the row contains a post of data (Name), the same data can occure a varying number of times. I´ve then got a set of data in the following columns - for example Groupe, number...

I ned to "transpose" thhe data so that the first column contains every uniqu value in the first column (Name). For every row in the first table, with the sama Name, I need to stack the values in a new column.

I do not want the same Group data in the same column. Group:AAA can be in column 2 for Name 1, and in column 7 in Name 3.

I have 50 persons selling about 150 different products. About 1-8 products per day.

I wan´t to be able to create 1 row per person, with the columns representing what has been sold. In my example below every other column describes what they´ve sold, and ervery other how many of each. I do NOT want a sheet with a column for each products.  

First table:

NameGroupNumb
Name 1AAA12
Name 1BBB23
Name 1DDD34
Name 2EEE456
Name 3BBB23
Name 3CCC45
Name 3FFF576
Name 3AAA34
Name 4SSS

New table:

Name 1AAA12BBB23DDD34  
Name 2EEE456      
Name 3BBB23CCC45FFF576AAA34
Name 4SSS56      
2 Replies

@FredrikWickstroem I respect your wish to create the output as in the "New table:", but perhaps you can live with a Pivot Table in stead. Super easy with the added benefit that you also see how many items were sold of each product. See attached.

Edit: Sorry, I now see you DO NOT want products in one column!!

@FredrikWickstroem 

Create a list of Unique names, starting in G1 

=UNIQUE(FILTER(A:A,A:A<>""))

Then put this formula in H1 and copy down manually

=TRANSPOSE(INDEX(FILTER(B:C,A:A=G1,""),QUOTIENT(SEQUENCE(COUNTIF(A:A,G1)*2,,0),2)+1,MOD(SEQUENCE(COUNTIF(A:A,G1)*2)-1,2)+1))

I don't know way you cant use G1# or the Unique-formula instead of G1. But it's easy to copy it manually.

Swed:

Om du vill slippa översätta

=UNIK(FILTER(A:A;A:A<>""))

=TRANSPONERA(INDEX(FILTER(B:C;A:A=G1;"");KVOT(SEKVENS(ANTAL.OM(A:A;G1)*2;;0);2)+1;REST(SEKVENS(ANTAL.OM(A:A;G1)*2)-1;2)+1))