Transforming cell into a button that captures date time stamp for study topics

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to create a self-study excel tracker for my mentees. The structure is very simple. Subjects and topics are listed in column A and B. Once A and B is filled, the corresponding cell in Column C becomes a button once clicked will time date stamp in column D. Column E replicates column C button but this is for capturing end of study for that particular study task. Is this possible? I've not seen anyone doing this online. Personally I think excel is super advanced to not be able to do this and wonder why more people are not thinking or doing this. What am i missing? Is there a better way to do this?

Recap:

1. (Conditionally transform corresponding cell automatically into a button) Is possible to do this?

2. With excel being this advanced, why aren't more people going this route?
3. What am I missing, is there a better way to do what I'm trying to achieve?
-AOS.

2 Replies

Conditionally transform corresponding cell automatically into a button) Is possible to do this?

as fas as i know not easy in Excel

how about html?

Screenshot_2022-12-19-15-24-18-983_cn.uujian.browser.jpg

http://e.anyoupin.cn/bsbm/pdo/eh2/a2502/mybookmark/sql/sql/display_table_t.php?find=select+%2A+from+... 

Hi @peiyezhu,

Thank you very much for your kind help! The reason I need a button is because the children are only 7 to 12 years of age. This file is meant to be used by the mentors and mentees. The mentors will fill in the link to the resources needed for the visual learning like videos on youtube and then the links to the kinesthetics like online questions. And where they can go are limited by the apps they can use. So only Excel and the authorized browser can work on the devices. Essentially the kids only need to click it. Having a file for each child is imperative. Hence the need for this to be in an excel file. I intend for this to be for parents and orphanages who cannot afford to be there hence this tool. Nonetheless, thank you for your kind solution!

-AOS.