Transfer date to a table

Copper Contributor
So at work we keep a long spreadsheet of all the enquiries we get, when we get them, if we win them so on and so forth. At the minute it’s just one long spreadsheet with one enquiry after the next. What I need to do is transfer it to a spreadsheet, but I need to link it so we see how many enquiries we get each month, how many we win and how much they’re for. How do I do that?
3 Replies

Hi @Cubbles 

I'd suggest turning your long list into a Table and then creating a Pivot Table from it like in the attached example.

Have you used Tables or Pivot Tables before?   What version of Excel are you using?

Thanks

Wyn

Hi Wyn!

I've currently created a pivot table, similar to what you have mentioned above, from a massive budget spreadsheet. I'm tracking five different accounting codes through about seven areas of budget vs spend. I finally got the pivot table to the place I want it, but when I go to refresh the data, it drastically scrambles what was there and removes two of my accounting codes. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if there is an issue in the data I'm pulling from. Hoping you can help!

Hi @Dani_McArthur 

Would you mind posting a new thread rather than adding to @Cubbles  one.   Feel free to @ me in and if you can add a sample file & screenshots 

Thanks

Wyn