Transfer data from Microsoft "Works 9" into Excel 2016

Copper Contributor
Hi Everyone,

Have a wee bit of a problem; therefore if anyone is interested in providing any assistance and advice I will be most grateful for the opportunity learning from you! In the data sheet in Works 9, this data sheet reflects 287 names. addresses and costs for dues,  arrears and advance payments. Therefore, my request is:-

1. can this transfer be done from Works 9 to Excel 2016

2. will the formulas and functions remain the same, once the transfer is competed.

At this present time, having to jump from Works 9 to Excel which opens the door for possible mistakes to occur, this system for maintaining names, addresses and money paid or outstanding; was inherited from the previous person doing this position before leaving to retired. Your assistance and advise would much appreciated.

Thank You

3409Mac

7 Replies
Perhaps you can do a save-as from Works to an Excel file format?
3409mac responise to feedback from Jan Karel Pieterse
Hi Jan ; thank you for your reply, tried that it only saves the text; it appears not to save the formulas used in Works 9, Excel informs formula not known; I thought that Works 9 would had something like the formulas used in Works 9, their is a lot of formulas in Works 9 data sheet, to redo all the formulas into Excel will take a wee bit of time :watch:, thank you for your feedback; 3409Mac

3409mac replied to @Jan Karel Pieterse 

Hi Jan, apologies for my late response to your reply to my question; I have been away doing some masonic research work in Israel; I have tried saving the work from MS Works to Excel, the only problem with doing that, Excel does not reorganise the formals' used in MS Works, which are mainly the most important part of the data base sheet. Thank you for your suggestion, one as to explore everything, once again thank you for your suggestion. Speak soon and take care.

If there aren't that many and formulas aren't too complicated, maybe we can redo them in Excel?

3409mac replay to @Jan Karel Pieterse 

Thank you for replying; to be truthful about the whole issue of this MS Works  9, topic; I have being giving it some serious thought just running with MS Works 9 data spread  sheet, and at the same time creating a band new data spreadsheet in Excel; then going live once completed the Excel data spreadsheet. Also to be honest about it, the system which was handed over to me, in my view is well and truly over the top for what is required, Having a more simpler method for recording lodge dues transactions.  Anyway, am going on a wee bit, thank you for assistance and help in providing feedback on my initial question, thank you so much you have been more helpful then you or may not realise. 

Warm regards

3409mac

You're welcome!