Title row

Copper Contributor

I created an Excel Workbook a few days ago, and under Page Layout/Page Setup/Header-Footer I created a Banner header at the top. It contained three cells. My workbook didn't work out for me, but someone took a copy, spruced it up, and sent it back to me. It works perfectly. 

The only problem is that the header doesn't show. I went through Page Layout/Page Setup/Header-Footer and there was the text I'd typed into my original Workbook. It just doesn't appear.

How can I get the Workbook Header to appear?

3 Replies
Try a different view; if memory serves you should see it on the print view (along the bottom, to the right, you should see three little page icons, it’s one of those).

@Charla74 Somehow, The Header/Footer had been removed from my workbook. 

I looked at the ribbon, and "Insert" looked good. There, I found the "Header and Footer" option.

Not only did I get a header, it even had my text already filled in.

Unfortunately, adding the header/footer back in has caused my sheet1 to split as shown in the attached image. It looks like a page break has been added. If I'm lucky I might be able to work this out for myself.

P.S. You were right, it was the "Page Layout" amongst the three small boxes at the bottom which caused the header to re-appear. It certainly goes away in the "Normal" view.