timesheet with multiple in/out breaks, regular hours plus over time

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm revising a timecard to include 2 breaks. User records time in and out, in, out, in, out, in out. Regular hours, then anything over 8 is overtime. I apologize in advance for not using correct language, I'm a novice with excel and horrible with formulas. I tried to do them based on previous formulas, adding 2 new columns, including the new cells in the formula, but they still aren't calculating correctly.  
In addition, sometimes the user will only take 1 break, not 2 so I need the Regular and OT hours to recognize that.  Im attaching the example and highlighting the cells that aren't calcing correctly. Red font is the added columns. 

3 Replies

@Kirk8830 

=IF((((D10-C10)+(F10-E10)+(H10-G10))*24)>8,8,((D10-C10)+(F10-E10)+(H10-G10))*24)

I only changed the cell reference in red from E10 to G10 and it works in my sheet.

thank you!!!! my eyes were going crossed trying to find the mistake. I appreciate your quick reply so much. Have a wonderful day.

@OliverScheurich 

How do I do multiple in and out times in a row. I need help with the formula with at least 8 in and out times throughout the day that will calculate time worked? I'm not real savvy with excel either and over here scratching my head. I've tried using Microsoft online templates I can find them with time in then time out break for 30min then time in again then out. But nothing with multiple times in time outs throughout the day. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance.