SOLVED

The right formula

Copper Contributor

Hello Guys !

I looking for the right formula ;

Sheet 1

Column A contains person names

Column B contains their age (many of the people are the same age)

Column C contains their adress

Sheet 2

On this page, I want to have a list of the names of people and their addresses when they are 12 years old. So I want to have the informations on sheet 1 of column A and C of all the people with ''12'' in column B. 12 is an example.

I looked everywhere and I can’t find it.

Thanks !

3 Replies

@Josianeb 

If I can recommend you read this link:

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

If you’re looking to ask a question or start a conversation about Excel, you’re in the right place!

Click on the upper link fo rmore Informations.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Josianeb 

If filter formula is available in your version of Excel i suggest formula below to dynamically filter datasets for a certain age:

=FILTER('Sheet 1'!A2:C333,('Sheet 1'!B2:B333=F4))

In cell F4 you can enter a certain age and the filter will update according to your choice.

If you can't work with the filter formula, advanced filter would be my recommendation. I can work with advanced filter in Excel 2013.

Nice ! @OliverScheurich 

Thank you so much !

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Josianeb 

If filter formula is available in your version of Excel i suggest formula below to dynamically filter datasets for a certain age:

=FILTER('Sheet 1'!A2:C333,('Sheet 1'!B2:B333=F4))

In cell F4 you can enter a certain age and the filter will update according to your choice.

If you can't work with the filter formula, advanced filter would be my recommendation. I can work with advanced filter in Excel 2013.

View solution in original post