The data model is not updated

Copper Contributor

Well there goes my first post on the forum.

I have a simple data model where I load sheet-based queries from other excel workbooks (I get data from an excel file, load it on a workbook sheet and pass it to Power Pivot data model where I generate measured relationships etc.) I use this data model to build a dashboard with dynamic charts. Suddenly, one of those queries has stopped updating in the data model, that is, I make a change in the original sheet and the query is updated correctly in Power Query, but when loading it in the sheet the data is not updated and therefore , neither does the Power Pivot data model.

I've thought about it a thousand times and I don't know where to look. The only thing I have left is to do it all over again but it is a great job and I wanted to see if anyone could give me any idea.

On the way and if possible, I would appreciate understanding this process a little more: I create a query from another excel, I load it on a sheet of the new excel, I add it to the data model and build a graph on it:

- Is all this process necessary?

- Should I keep the query and the sheet in excel if I'm only going to use the data model?

- Where is the code that relates the data model with the query?

Thank you!

1 Reply

Hi @aleonc 

It shouldn't be problem, once your refresh you query it should work with no issue.

please attached the file to see exactly what is happening & advise you the correct solution. 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.