Temporary views caused by others

Copper Contributor

everal of us are using an Excel file shared on our company sharepoint.  I created several different sheet views based on what task each person is doing that may require them to filter the file.  I am in the main default view quite a lot, so I see multiple changes which is no problem.  The issue we are having is that when others turn on one of the sheet views, my default view will become a temporary view for me.  If I hit 'exit' to go back to the default, now I see the sheet view the other person is using.  They say they havent closed the file in the view.  I can remove the filters and close the file to reset the Default view, but a couple of minutes after reopening, the file will go back to a temporary view.  Nothing is filtered on my end, it just looks like I created a temporary view.

Any suggestions? I did have one thought, would Autosave cause this maybe?

1 Reply

@mrlee_75 

Power Query:

Each user will have their own workbook querying the main workbook as the data source.  They can manipulate their own workbook as much as they like and it would not affect other users who are using the same data source.

cheers