Tabs in Cell boxes

Copper Contributor

Thank you in advance.  I would like to be able to use tabs within Cell boxes. Is that possible? If so can someone please tell me precisely how to do it using Excel 365 for Mac.  Thank you.

5 Replies

@waltcaweingmailcom 

Can you tell us precisely what you mean by "tabs within Cell boxes" --then, if it's possible, we might be able to tell you how. That expression, that label, didn't mean anything to me...and I do use Excel 365 for Mac as well....

Maybe more to the point: exactly what is it that you're trying to accomplish? What is your application, your "business need"--whether personal or not, what's the objective here that you're using Excel for? The more you can describe the task, the better we'll be able to help.

@waltcaweingmailcom Not sure what you have in mind, but you may use CHAR(9) to insert a tab character, as part of a formula that concatenates a text string. For example,

="Test"&CHAR(9)"Test"

will create a text string "Test<tab>Test". Copy and paste as values and you will end up with two words in one cell, separated by a tab.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

oh! A tab character!

i couldn’t get beyond “tab” as the word naming the different sheets that constitute an Excel workbook, appearing at the bottom of the screen, “Sheet1”. “Sheet2”......

@mathetes Let's wait and see what kind of tab is required. Up to @waltcaweingmailcom

@mathetes 

To use, and even see tabs within the cell, if tab=sheet, is quite problematic. If only tab name...