table in excel

Copper Contributor

Trying to create a family tree in Excel - I need several lines of text in each cell.  However big I make the cell, I still only get one line of text at the bottom of the cell.  What am I doing wrong?

6 Replies

@Cres_cent-1331 

Select the cell or cells.

Make sure that the Wrap Text button in the Alignment group of the Home tab of the ribbon is on (highlighted).

To enter a line break in a cell, press Alt+Enter.

Many thanks.

@Cres_cent-1331 

Family tree chart

Trace your genealogy using this handy family tree chart. This template covers five generations of relatives and has space for each family member's name and title.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Thanks for this; I looked at this before but it does not have enough generations for me, like all the others I have looked at.  I need something which would cater for up to 14 greats, ie back to 1500, which is why I am trying to create my own.

What I have sent you is intended as a template. Expand it as you wish by simply inserting columns, starting with column A.
It is very difficult for me to imagine that you will find exactly one where all your ancestors could fit. It is even more difficult to imagine that someone takes the time or has the time to prepare a template for your family without seeing it as commissioned work. But you never know, you can let it happen, maybe someone will get in touch ... or you can start with the template to do it yourself.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Oh thank you very much - I will have another go.