SOLVED

Synchronize the colors of multiple PivotCharts

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I created an automated Excel system which allows with a simple database extraction to feed a report mainly composed of pivot charts. I added segments to sort the data by weeks / months / years.

The problem is that when I filter my report the colors of the categories on the PivotCharts no longer match each other. In addition, some PivotCharts have different categories from others.

So i would like to assign a color to each category which will not change when I filter my report. But I do not know how.

Any idea ?

thank you in advance
2 Replies
best response confirmed by Rb_01 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rb_01 If you use PowerPivot and a properly designed data model you can set the pivottables to display rows with no data (they would appear in a chart as zero-width bars). Filtering then does not affect the displayed categories and hence the colors stay the same. See attached example.

@Jan Karel Pieterse that's exactly what i needed, you have my thanks. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rb_01 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rb_01 If you use PowerPivot and a properly designed data model you can set the pivottables to display rows with no data (they would appear in a chart as zero-width bars). Filtering then does not affect the displayed categories and hence the colors stay the same. See attached example.

View solution in original post