SOLVED

SUMPRODUCT with Text

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to write an equation that will count every instance two dates are more than 30 days apart. The spreadsheet is a living and growing document so having open ranges would be preferred.

I have got
=SUMPRODUCT((--((A2:A5-30)>B2:B5))*(ISNUMBER(A2:B5)))

but this is getting #VALUE when there is text. I will need to expand this formula to include probably 20 different columns but I need it to work with two or three columns first.

Preliminary Confirmation DateUpdate Report #1?Update Report #2?Final Confirmation Dat
3/18/2021 N/AN/A3/22/2021
3/18/20214/12/2021No 5/10/2021
10/26/2021 11/25/2021  1/4/2022 1/14/2022
1/12/2022To Be UpdatedTo Be UpdatedTo Be Updated

I have tried =IF(ISNUMBER) but still have the same problem and I'm not sure where to go from here

5 Replies

first ensure your dates are numbers , as i see they are text dates, then it should work

On my actual spreadsheet, they are Custom m/d/yyyy;;"" When I change it to dates or to numbers, I still have the same #VALUE! problem unfortunately

best response confirmed by cox_sam (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I had to make a slight tweak since I had written my formula wrong. It should have been, SUMPRODUCT if B2:B5-30>A2:A5. Basically if the dates in column B are more than 30 days past the dates in column A, count it. I used your formula but just changed those ranges and it's perfect. Thank you!

@cox_sam 

You are welcome.

Actually an error is in this part B2:B5-30 if text appears instead of number, IFERROR fixes that.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cox_sam (Copper Contributor)