Summing Dates In A Single Column If Values In Another Column Equal Specific Cell Data

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a simple inspection report that I track annually. I have recently had to start subdividing the cumulative data into 42 cells for each inspection type. There are 3 inspection types so 126 cells total. I am looking for a fast way to do this.

The constants are (1) data in Column E equals a certain area name (ex: Miscellaneous, Other, etc) and (2) values in Cells C1483-C1524 equal a certain area name that correspond to the values in Column E.

The variables are the dates the inspection reports are done in Column's H, J and N.

I am trying to write a formula that will sum the dates in Column H if the area name in Column E matches the cell name for each of the 42 areas. So, for example, if column H has a date anywhere from 1.1.2020 to 12.31.2020, and the area I'm working on from Cells C1483-C1524 is "Miscellaneous," I would like Excel to look at Column E and find all "Miscellaneous" rows with a date in that range and give me a sum.

I have tried SUMIF, COUNTIF, COUNTA, and a couple of others, but getting the date to be recognized as "1" if Column E matches a certain value has not yet been attained.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this work, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Hello, can you upload a sample file for better understanding?

SUMPRODUCT should be able to handle this kind of problem

@Abiola1 

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have attached a generic example. I appreciate the help!