SUMIFS reports value

Copper Contributor

Good morning 

i am using sumif in spanish with this formula

=SUMAR.SI.CONJUNTO(TOTAL[Amount];COST[COST];COST[@COST];CONT_NUMBER[CONT_NUMBER];CONT_NUMBER[@[CONT_NUMBER]])

There are 2 conditions and a range

1.- condition 1: A kind of cost/payment such as: petrol, insurance,transport,energy supplies...

2.-condition 2: a center of cost where is applied. Every cente of cost has a number.

Is there any mistake in the formula

Thank you very much 

5 Replies

@AdolfoMartinez 

It looks like you do it on 3 different tables, TOTAL, COST and CONT_NUMBER which shall not work. Perhaps you may share sample file or at least screenshot of what you'd like to do.

@Sergei Baklan 

Hello 

the photo show a total of registers

AdolfoMartinez_1-1686217164978.png

What i need to do is to "sumif" following kind of cost and month in another tab to gather all data by these concepts

AdolfoMartinez_2-1686217307710.png

But the file show "value"

Thank you for answering

Grateful

Why not base a pivot table on your data source. That would make is easy/quick to do the sums you want.

@AdolfoMartinez 

For such sample

image.png

if upper table name is COST formula for January in another TOTAL table could be

=SUMIFS(
    Cost[ [Amount]:[Amount] ],
    Cost[ [Kind of Cost]:[Kind of Cost] ], Total[@[COST]:[COST]],
    Cost[ [Month]:[Month] ], Total[[#Headers],[January]]
)

Syntaxis as COST[ [Amount]:[Amount] ] is equivalent of absolute reference.

Alternatively you may create PivotTable as @Thomas Kristiansen suggested. It's on top right.

Formulae above are in English, if you open attached in your environment they will be in your locale.

I have another way to solve it
i read in microsoft support page that all table must have the same range. I chose all references for the formula in the same table and works.
i am going to try with this solutions you gave me.
Revert soon with answer
Depply Grateful
Thank you very much