SOLVED

Sum with reference

Copper Contributor

I need to sum the cells from right table into the left one and be able to order the left one as I want without losing the reference   HelpHelp 

7 Replies

Hi Paco

Try this?

(insert into E5 and drag the formula down using Autofill)
=SUM(G5:Column#)

Screen shot is below. Sample file is attached with the formula.

sum example.png

Hopefully I understand you right?

If you want to retain the references, just add $ in front of the column letter and row number (e.g. $G$5:$K$5).

Let me know if this suits or whether we need to dig a bit further?

Cheers

Damien

Hi !

Thanks for the answer but I'm still at the same point. 

Let me share you this screen shots maybe you could see my problem.

Diapositiva1.JPGDiapositiva2.JPG

I've  just downloaded the file and it has the same issue, I click on the filter to organize from the top tu bottob scorer and it happens the same. The names and team get organized but the numbers stays..!!! 

Hi Paco

Now I understand you!

Try the attached document. All I have done is rearranged the headers to line up so that when you sort (e.g. by Goles), it will sort the corresponding numbers too.

Before Sorting by Goles (Largest to Smallest)Before Sorting by Goles (Largest to Smallest)After Sorting by Goles (Largest to Smallest)After Sorting by Goles (Largest to Smallest)

Let me know if this is closer to your intended outcome?

Cheers

Damien

3.jpg

I could try to put the filters but I don't want the error message again and screw it up so...

best response confirmed by paco rueda de l (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Paco

You should be able to apply the filters by turning them off, and then back on again, which will go across all the Headers in row 3, and it should not affect the set up that I have suggested.

Feel free to use the document I have provided my friend, it's for you after all!

So you know, the issue was that the headers were not lined up in the same row (3) so when you sorted your Goles Largest to Smallest, it didn't include J1, J2, etc. Now it will sort everything.

Please let us know if you require anything further.

If this has resolved your question, please mark the solution posted as Best Response so that other visitors will know the solution.

Best of luck friend!

Cheers

Damien

You just did it!! You're the best Damien. Thanks a lot!!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by paco rueda de l (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Paco

You should be able to apply the filters by turning them off, and then back on again, which will go across all the Headers in row 3, and it should not affect the set up that I have suggested.

Feel free to use the document I have provided my friend, it's for you after all!

So you know, the issue was that the headers were not lined up in the same row (3) so when you sorted your Goles Largest to Smallest, it didn't include J1, J2, etc. Now it will sort everything.

Please let us know if you require anything further.

If this has resolved your question, please mark the solution posted as Best Response so that other visitors will know the solution.

Best of luck friend!

Cheers

Damien

View solution in original post