Sum unique values in a month range

Copper Contributor

I have a file with multiple columns and one year base, and I want to sum the month of January (Column A) with the purchase order (Column D) that has unique lines (Column F) and I have no idea how to do it. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Thanks 

4 Replies

@FJMSalgueiro 

I have a file with multiple columns and one year base, and I want to sum the month of January (Column A) with the purchase order (Column D) that has unique lines (Column F) and I have no idea how to do it. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Unfortunately, your description is just ambiguous enough to make it virtually impossible to give you a solution without some guesses that could make you even more frustrated. It would help if you can give a few more details. For example

• Is there a series of January dates in column A?
  • Is there just one purchase order in Column D, or are there multiple orders?
  • What exactly does "unique lines" mean in this context? (I have some ideas, but it helps if you are specific)
  • And where are the numbers that are to be summed? You don't mention that (at least not clearly)?
  • What data are in columns B, C and E? 

Would it be possible for you to post a copy of the spreadsheet (devoid of confidential information) on OneDrive or GoogleDrive, then posting a link to that here? Second best would be an image in your reply, an image showing at least that full month of January, with all columns and rows.

Please see below @mathetes 

Table 

@FJMSalgueiro 

That's a start. Do you not realize you can post an image directly in your post? Just do "Copy" (from whatever source) and then "Paste" in the body of the text here. For example, here's the first of your pages.

mathetes_0-1668529167284.png

You didn't, however, answer all of my questions.

What is it that you want summed? I know you mentioned that it is to be restricted to January, but is it all of January, or by order # or some other variable? And is it just the numbers in column F? Or is it quantities by lots?

And since you managed to post a three page PDF on OneDrive, how about putting the file itself there and granting access via a link posted here. THAT would be a great help in our helping you.

All of January by unique order "E" and unique line "F"
Thanks for all your help :)