SOLVED

Sum of Rows with Matching Cell Identifier

Deleted
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

I am looking for a formula, NOT a Pivot Table, to complete the following:

Find the sum of all (VALUE) rows matching by all (EMPLOYEE ID) rows.

So for the example below, my ideal result would show that Employee ID # 1201 has a total of 7, where Employee ID #1426 has a total of 10.

Employee ID #Value
6 Replies
This could be accomplished with a simple SUMIF() formula.
best response
Solution

@Deleted 

If your data is setup like below...

SUMIF.jpg

You may try the SUMIF function to get the desired output....

=SUMIF(A:A,D2,B:B)

The above formula assumes that the Employee IDs are placed in column A and Values are places in column B and the D2 contains the lookup Employee ID.

If your data is setup differently, change the range reference in the formula as required.

@Deleted 

Good afternoon,

You are looking for a formula, NOT a Pivot Table, to sum of all (VALUE) rows matching by all (EMPLOYEE ID) rows as per your below example and the ideal result should be 7 for Employee ID # 1201.

02.PNG

You can use "SUMIF" as shown in illustration below:

01.png

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer Thank you very much! So much easier than I anticipated. I appreciate your answer.

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer hey this was very helpful. I have a running list of employees (500+ rows) that I need sums per employee but when I do this it gives me a running list of totals. Is there a way to get only one total per employee? 
In your example if #1201 has multiple rows under Value it would sum it per line.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted 

If your data is setup like below...

SUMIF.jpg

You may try the SUMIF function to get the desired output....

=SUMIF(A:A,D2,B:B)

The above formula assumes that the Employee IDs are placed in column A and Values are places in column B and the D2 contains the lookup Employee ID.

If your data is setup differently, change the range reference in the formula as required.

View solution in original post